Hi everyone! I wanted to take a moment and share a haul that I purchased from Marilou at PaperCents.com. A couple of weeks ago she offered an amazing sale… the entire store 75% off!!! Of course I had to pick up a few things. Great selection and variety in one spot, from stamps, paper, embellishments to tools, so much to choose from. Here is what I picked up:
- Basic Grey Fibers
- (17) 12×12 sheets of paper…. Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper,Heidi Swapp, KI Memories, Love Elsie, SEI
- Basic Grey Die Cuts
- Doodlebug Bazill 8.5×11 Trio Pack Card Stock
- Doodlebug Craft Mat
- Crate paper Die cuts
- Crate paper Chipboard Alphas
- Stamps… (2) KI Memories, (1)Doodlebug
- KI Memories It’s a Girl Kit
- KI Memories word buttons
- Pink Paislee Alpha Stickers
- Pink Paislee 8×8 paper pack
- SEI di cuts
- SEI Cards and Envelopes
I am very pleased with everything I purchased. I wished I could have bought more . It’s a nice benefit that she accepts PayPal… only a few store do. She had a great response to her sale and still managed great communication and shipping time. I recommend you go visit her store, when you do, be sure to sign up and subscribe so you can jump on the next sale.
Thank you for checking in with me. Be sure to subscribe be email. See you in the next post.
Hi everyone! Remember way back to my Two Projects Down, 10 To Go post in February? In that post I showed a card that I made for my niece’s birthday. The card featured a ribbon rose embellishment that actually was a hair pin.
Here is the video tutorial I followed to make my rose. I used one inch wide grosgrain ribbon and my hot glue gun to secure as I went along. When I was finished, I attached the rose to the hair pin using E6000 jewelry glue.
- a creamy tan-colored textured DCWV cardstock as my card base, A2 size 51/2 x 4.25 folded, inked with brown ink
- cut a piece of pink textured DCWV cardstock 5.25 x 4 as a mat, inked with brown ink
- cut a piece of pattern paper from DCWV Glitter Stack Mat Stack to layer on top of the pink cardstock, inked with brown ink
- printed the sentiment out on more of the creamy tan-colored cardstock from my printer and cut the strip 1 1/2 inches wide and 5.25 long, inked with brown ink
- Then I slipped the hair pin over the sentiment strip
Thanks for checking in with me. Be sure to follow me by email and like me on facebook. See you in the next post.
Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a card I made a few months ago for a DT call. I loved how it turned out. Gotta love black, purple, glitter paper and bling!
- Cut a sheet of black cardstock down to 5 ½ x 8 ½ folded in the middle with a bone folder to make an A2 standard sized card.
- Cut a sheet of pattern paper from DCWV, The LUXURY Stack, down to 5 ¼ x 4 inches and inked the edges using black ditto ink.
- Cut another black sheet down to 5 x 3 ¾. Ran through the Cuttlebug using the “Devine Swirl” embossing folder. Distressed the edges using the Tim Holtz distressing tool.
On the same embossed black paper I spritzed about 3 sprays of “Smooch Spritz” in Vanilla Shimmer. While that dried a few minutes, I attached the pattern paper to the black cardstock with some ATG.
- Cut about 14 inches of sheer silver ribbon, only needed about 8 inches.
- Wrapped the lower left and upper right corners of the embossed black cardstock with the ribbon and taped down the edges on the back of the card then adhered it to the purple and black pattern paper.
- Using the Cricut Expression I cut out a couple of butterflies using the Wall Décor and More cartridge, found on page 29. Cut the shifted image out of the same DCWV pattern paper at 3 inches. Cut the base layer (frilly cut) out of a purple DCWV Glitter Cardstock, also at 3 inches. I then cut out a smaller base image, the frilly butterfly, in the same glitter paper at 1.25.
- I figured my placement of the butterflies and placed down some puffy silver alpha stickers to spell the word “DREAM.” Not sure whom they are by, I had them in my stash.
- I attached the larger butterfly together using a strip of ATG just down the center of the butterfly (top to bottom) and placed the glitter piece on top of the pattern cut out. I bent the wings just slightly and placed a tiny pop dot under the wing to give it some lift. I placed two foam pop squares on the back of the butterfly and placed o the card. I bent the wings of the smaller butterfly and placed small pop dot under the head and placed a little Two Way Glue Pen down the rest of the center of the butterfly and attached to the black mat
- I felt the butterfly and card needed some bling so I attached a few iridescent rhinestone stickers by “Recollections” in a few places. Three larger ones down the middle of the larger butterfly and one smaller rhinestone on the middle of the smaller butterfly. I then placed two large rhinestones to the upper right and lower left corners of the card on the black embossed paper.
There you have it. “DREAM” Butterfly Card.
I have had a few questions about cutting DCWV Glitter and shimmer paper on the Cricut Expression. I use a very sticky mat, use pressure high, speed medium for the frilly butterfly/ high for basic cuts and blade depth of 6 with a multicut of 2.
Thank you for checking in with me. Be sure to follow by email and hop over and like me on facebook. See you in the next post.
Pink Cricut what are you up to?
Sew Darn Crafty Party
Hi everyone! Sorry this is a little late. I’ve been busy busy. I have so much to share soon. For now I’ll share my March MyGlam Bag. This month it arrived on the 14th! Way to go MyGlam.
I have to say that this month is a hit for me. I love the white and green bag, so cute. This month the theme: repair and restore, for your hair and skin. Inside my bag this month:
- 3LAB Perfect Cleansing Foam (full size 3.4 oz)
- DermStore Care Package (samples came in a cute organza bag) 1) Pur-Lisse Pur-Protect SPF 0 Essential Daily Moisturizer sample 2) Murad Eye Lift Perfector sample and 3) DermStore $25 gift card (with a $50 purchase).
- Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment sample
- Myglam Exclusive Classic Crease Brush and Case – hand selected by Michelle from her recent trip to Hong Kong for Cosmoprof Asia.
I can use all products and excited to try them out.
Glad I gave them a second chance. Looking forward to April’s Myglam bag.
Thank you for checking in with me. Don’t forget to follow me. See you in the next post…. soon! I hope… lol.
Hi everyone! I wanted to share a few things I picked up at Michael’s during their Recollection’s Scrapbook Sale. They recently updated the scrapbook section… do you know what that means???? SALE!!!! Not only were many items on sale, many items were clearance. Ah, what a sweet thing for me in the midst of, well, craziness. So on with my HAUL…
First up, single sheet Recollection papers 16 cent a sheet??? Yes, please!
I wanted one of each! Textured Solids Pretty girly pinks
Neutrals yellow & gray boy
black & white
Next stop, CLEARANCE!
There were so many things I wanted. I only picked up things I would use on my project list.
Last stop, Dollar Spot!
This trip made me a happy girl. I picked up so many things and spent so much less.
Hope you enjoyed my haul. I have made a trip to A.C. Moore last week that I will share soon. Thanks for checking in with me. Be sure to Follow me by email and like me on facebook! See you in the next post.
Hi everyone, here is another project that I have completed of my 12 projects list. Actually this is a two-part project. I just looked back and I have listed, “Headband and hair pins”. I did complete a little hair pin, complete with hand-made ribbon rosette.
I made this card for my niece (one of the February birthdays) and used the hair pin for the embellishment. I will do a tutorial soon on the card, gift package and the ribbon rosette hair pin.
Thank you for checking in with me. Be sure to follow me by email and check me out on facebook, don’t forget to say hello! See you in the next post.
Hi everyone! Here’s a quick list of my favs for the month of February. A little of everything this month.
I no particular order:
- Still, my Cricut Imagine
- Cricut cartridge, Wall Decor and More
- DCWV Textured Card Stock
- Glossy Accents
- Mary Kay Mineral Blush in Sunny Spice
- Premiere Eye Treatment (sample from February My Glam. Holy cow, this stuff is expensive. Glad I have a sample)
- Abercrombie and Finch “8″ perfume (actually this is a rediscovered fav from LONG ago)
- 10 Professional Nail Lacquer in color 458 Moonlight
- Gun metal jewelry… Stein Mart has the coolest jewelry
- Karen Kingsbury’s Redemption Series…. I LOVE them. I have read: Redemption, Remember, and finishing Return… all this month)
Thanks for checking in with me. Be sure to sign up to follow me by email and then hop over to my facebook page and “like” me there, say “hi” while you’re there. Give aways are coming soon so you don’t want to miss out. See you in the next post.