Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you today a card I made for my oldest brother who turned 50 this year. Yeah, he’s pretty old… haha! With 15 years between the two of us I feel I can loving say he’s old.
Ok, back to the card I made for him. He’s a simple, no frills kinda guy. I created the card on a simple, manly, elegant way…. if you can do that??? He loved it and so did I. Here it is:
It’s a standard A2 sized card.
- black cardstock base cut and folded to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, distressed edges (Tim Holtz Distressing tool)
- pattern paper from My Mind’s Eye – Lost and Found two (my fav at the moment) cut to 5 1/4 x 4, distressed edges
- inked edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo as well as lightly dabbed all over the paper to give a more vintage color, attached to card base
- black mat from The Paper Studio – Texture Black - cut at 5 x 3 3/4, distressed edges and inked edges and all over with Vintage photo
- punched holes in all four corners with the Crop a dile, set antique gold eyelets. Attached to pattern paper with foam tape
- Numbers cut using the Cricut Expression From the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, at 2.5 inches (I think) Paper found in my stash, inked edges and all over with Vintage Photo
- Numbers attached straight to black mat
There you have it. Simple masculine birthday card. Thank you for checking in with me. Follow me by email if you don’t already. See you in the next post!
Sew Darn Crafty
Link Up Tues – Pink Cricut
Hi everyone. One of my all time favorite blogs, Pink by Design, is giving away a Silhouette Cameo!
Click on the link below to sign up for their newsletter (required for the giveaway) and other ways to increase your chances to win. What are you waiting for? Go now!
Pink By Design Cameo Giveaway
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Monday I received my April MyGlam bag.
This month’s theme, “Girls Night Out.” Within the hot pink mailing envelope was a metallic pink cosmetic bag and five goodies, well mine had 6.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in the color Radium size 0.8g
- All-Belle Natural Eyelash – doll look to me (one pair)
- 2 MyGlam make up brushes – All over eyeshadow brush and Eyeliner Brush (I received two eyeliner brushes by mistake )
- DermStore lip Quench – Moisture infused lip treatment size 0.21 oz – Loving this already
There you have it. I am satisfied with my bag this month. The lip quench is very hydrating to my lips and the brushes are decent. I will try out the UD 24/7 soon. I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, being able to try out a new product from them is always a hit with me.
Thank you for checking in with me. See you in the next post!
Hi everyone! I know this is a little late . My list of favorites for March:
- My Cricut Expression has made a come back this month
- My Gypsy has been dusted off and kept charged this month
- adhesive backed Vinyl – I was nervous about cutting vinyl. I don’t know why, it’s easy!
- Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge
- Yellow/gray/white Pattern paper! Will I find a worthy cause to cut these up??? Nope!
- My Minds Eye – Lost and Found Two paper pad
- Air brushed tan – love the feeling of being tanned and not Casper but not loving the splotchy fading
- Sparkly black high heels that I wore in a wedding this month… Congrats Lori!
- Super cute Easter outfits for little ones. My two were the best dressed this Easter! Yeah, I’m a little partial.
- Easter Candy. YUM!
Thanks for checking in with me.
Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a card I made for my beautiful niece for her birthday. I just L-O-V-E it! I want to recreate it into a cool piece of wall art. The black heel, the hot pink, the shimmer, the bling… ah, love. She loved it too .
- Black A2 size card base
- Hot pink card stock mat, distressed edges, inked edges with black Ditto ink
- DCWV pattern paper, Luxury stack, distressed edges, inked edges
- Shoe cut from Cricut Wall Decor and More. Shifted image at 4 inches… I think. I cut the image twice, one in black, one in pink. Oh, I only used one of the shoes. It does cut a “pair”
- Sprayed Smooch Vanilla Shimmer on the black cut out, ran the heel through the Cuttle bug with the Tim Holtz A2 flourish folder and then again on the bottom of the shoe
- Layered the black image over the pink and let the pink peek out as the sole of the shoe.
- lined the pink sole with strips of clear crystals and used various mixes of sizes of clear and iridescent crystals along the heel
- Cut the sentiment label from the list of default images that are on the Cricut Imagine, not sure of the size. Stamped Happy Birthday with black Ditto ink, punched holes on each end using the Crop-a-dile and set gun-metal colored eyelets to run ribbon through, taped on the back of pink mat. Used foam tape to pop up the sentiment to the pattern paper
- Placed black flat back pearls in the four corners and placed a couple of clear crystals on the sentiment label
- Used foam tape to pop the shoe up on the pattern paper
- Cut about and inch of some black fibers, Attached the fibers to the toe of the shoe using glue dots and placed another crystal in the center.
Ok, think that’s it. I’ll let you know if I attempt this in a decor project. Thanks for checking in with me. Be sure to follow me to see what I am up to and hop over and say, “hi” on facebook.
I am getting a few little things together for a giveaway. To be eligible for the giveaway you must be a blog follower and like me on facebook . Go! Do it now. See you in the next post.
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great Friday and fun filled weekend ahead. This will be a short and sweet post. I have created a super cute Easter card and I wanted to share it with you. Sarah from Live, Love and SCRAP, created the cutest card, “Hugs! Chickie card.” I thought it was perfect for Easter. I pretty much “scraplifted” her entire card, it was that cute. Check out her awesome blog and video tutorial here. Thanks Sarah!
Here’s my version:
So cute that I made two. Differences: I cut the base and layers. I don’t have any Peachy Keen Face Stamps I also used Ecru colored embroidery floss… no, I don’t have any baker’s twine either
I used the Imagine to cut out the colors in squares then I used my Expression to cut them out. My Create a Critter cartridge will only work through my Gypsy, so I couldn’t color fill the images in the Imagine. It all worked out. I added a couple of glittery flowers to the eggs and stamped “XOXO” on the little banner.
Thanks for checking in with me. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Be sure to follow me by email and like me on facebook. See you in the next post.
Hi everyone. I wanted to share with you a bridal shower card and gift that I put together for a dear sweet friend of mine. The card will remind you of the “pop top gift can.” I had planned on using the can as part of the gift but I went another route. I loved how the card turned out. What do you think?
For the gift; I looked over the registry and had an idea. I saw a batter bowl and a set of spatulas…. instantly thought of brownies. So I purchased a brownie pan, brownie mix, and chocolate chips in addition to the batter bowl and spatulas. Placed them together, added shredded paper and the card. Wrapped it in shrink-wrap and tied it with a bow. Simple, cute and practical.
Thank you for checking in with me. Be sure to subscribe by email and like me on facebook. See you in the next post.