Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you a card I made for my beautiful niece for her birthday. I just L-O-V-E it! I want to recreate it into a cool piece of wall art. The black heel, the hot pink, the shimmer, the bling… ah, love. She loved it too :-).
- Black A2 size card base
- Hot pink card stock mat, distressed edges, inked edges with black Ditto ink
- DCWV pattern paper, Luxury stack, distressed edges, inked edges
- Shoe cut from Cricut Wall Decor and More. Shifted image at 4 inches… I think. I cut the image twice, one in black, one in pink. Oh, I only used one of the shoes. It does cut a “pair”
- Sprayed Smooch Vanilla Shimmer on the black cut out, ran the heel through the Cuttle bug with the Tim Holtz A2 flourish folder and then again on the bottom of the shoe
- Layered the black image over the pink and let the pink peek out as the sole of the shoe.
- lined the pink sole with strips of clear crystals and used various mixes of sizes of clear and iridescent crystals along the heel
- Cut the sentiment label from the list of default images that are on the Cricut Imagine, not sure of the size. Stamped Happy Birthday with black Ditto ink, punched holes on each end using the Crop-a-dile and set gun-metal colored eyelets to run ribbon through, taped on the back of pink mat. Used foam tape to pop up the sentiment to the pattern paper
- Placed black flat back pearls in the four corners and placed a couple of clear crystals on the sentiment label
- Used foam tape to pop the shoe up on the pattern paper
- Cut about and inch of some black fibers, Attached the fibers to the toe of the shoe using glue dots and placed another crystal in the center.
Ok, think that’s it. I’ll let you know if I attempt this in a decor project. Thanks for checking in with me. Be sure to follow me to see what I am up to and hop over and say, “hi” on facebook.
I am getting a few little things together for a giveaway. To be eligible for the giveaway you must be a blog follower and like me on facebook . Go! Do it now. See you in the next post.