Hi everyone! I had a baby shower to attend a little while back so I needed to make a card. The baby’s room theme happened to be jungle related. I used papers from the DWCV Safari Kids 8×8 pack to make this card. Believe it or not this card didn’t require any die cutting machine. Only my paper trimmer and atg gun!
Here it is!
I made this a 8 1/2 x 4 inch card.
- Cut a piece of DCWV textured green card stock 8 1/2 inches wide by 8 inches tall, scored in half and folded to make 8 1/2 x 4 inch card base. Distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz tool and inked edges with tea dye ink.
- Cut out the animal squares I wanted to use about just a bit smaller than a 2×2. Distressed and inked edges
- cut a piece of the animal print paper to mat each picture, these came out to be 2×2. distressed and inked edges.
- Attached the animal cut out to the animal print mat using pop dots.
- cut a piece of the striped background paper to about 3 1/2 by 8 1/4. Distressed and inked edges. Attached straight to the card base.
- Attached the matted animal squares to the striped paper with pop dots.
- wrapped brown embroidery floss around the bottom of the card crossing in the middle and taping to the inside of the card.
- used the “the adventure begins here” embellishment found in the Safari Kids 8×8 album kit to adhere to card on pop dots.
- I used two of the animal brads found in the kit as well, I cut the prongs off and used pop dots to attach to each side of the sentiment.
- to finish the card I punched holes in the corners of the striped paper using my crop a dile and placed 2 light green brads opposite two dark green brads, found in the kit too.
I made a quick envelope with a ribbon tie closure to place the card in as well.
Hope you like it. Thank you for checking in with me. Follow me if you haven’t done so already. See you in the next post.