Hi everyone! I just noticed that I haven’t shared with you the card I made for my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day… Sorry, must have gotten side tracked with my personal mother’s day gift from my husband and babies…. Can you guess what it is????
The Silhouette Cameo! I was shocked. Wanted the Silhouette badly, didn’t think I would own one anytime soon. I love it. Cuts are cleaner, more options but a huge learning curve with the software. Don’t get me wrong, I still use my Cricuts. They each have their pros and cons. Love them all. Enough about me, here’s the card:
Only thing cut with a die cutting machine was the “m.o.m.” This was cut from the Silhouette Cameo.
Papers are from my favorite paper stack right now, My Mind’s Eye, Lost and Found Two, Sunshine Collection 6×6.
- A2 size kraft card base, edges lightly distressed, corners rounded, edges inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye
- Background paper cut 4 x 5.25, corners rounded, distressed and inked
- Yellow striped paper tag cut 3 1/2 x 4, can’t remember, distressed inked, upper corners rounded, hole punched with crop a dile and eyelet set. Embroidery floss threaded through. Attached to background paper with foam squares.
- Rose plaque fussy cut from sheet of pattern paper, distressed and inked
- M.o.m. cut using Cameo with same background paper, embroidery floss wrapped wound and tied bow
- used glossy accents to attach key and key hole picked up from Michael’s.
I later removed the Mom tag and turned into a book mark for her. I cut a piece of thin chipboard to size, glued another piece of pattern paper from the pack to the back attached the tag to the front. I the painted a thin layer of ModPodge over the front and back. Silly me, I didn’t take a photo of it but she loved it.
Thank you for checking in with me. Subscribe if you haven’t already. See you in the next post.