Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you today a card I made for my oldest brother who turned 50 this year. Yeah, he’s pretty old… haha! With 15 years between the two of us I feel I can loving say he’s old.
Ok, back to the card I made for him. He’s a simple, no frills kinda guy. I created the card on a simple, manly, elegant way…. if you can do that??? He loved it and so did I. Here it is:
It’s a standard A2 sized card.
- black cardstock base cut and folded to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, distressed edges (Tim Holtz Distressing tool)
- pattern paper from My Mind’s Eye – Lost and Found two (my fav at the moment) cut to 5 1/4 x 4, distressed edges
- inked edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo as well as lightly dabbed all over the paper to give a more vintage color, attached to card base
- black mat from The Paper Studio – Texture Black - cut at 5 x 3 3/4, distressed edges and inked edges and all over with Vintage photo
- punched holes in all four corners with the Crop a dile, set antique gold eyelets. Attached to pattern paper with foam tape
- Numbers cut using the Cricut Expression From the Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge, at 2.5 inches (I think) Paper found in my stash, inked edges and all over with Vintage Photo
- Numbers attached straight to black mat
There you have it. Simple masculine birthday card. Thank you for checking in with me. Follow me by email if you don’t already. See you in the next post!
Sew Darn Crafty
Link Up Tues – Pink Cricut